Monday, September 15, 2008

Mmmm...Golden Corral

If you know my Giddie (g-pa), this is a really funny story. He's quite the tight-wad and hates going out to eat. I don't think he has ever taken my Sittie (g-ma) out to eat (except $1 hamburgers at McDonald's) since I've been alive. They were planning on coming up here Sunday and so on Saturday night Sittie begged him to go out to eat. He threw a fit and said he'd give her money to go eat, but he wasn't about to go. Well, overnight things changed and he decided to go with all of us. We went to Golden Corral so there would be something for everyone...and it's Matt's favorite. So, our favorite waitress was there - Becky - she's really sweet and helpful and...has a unique style.
I guess Matt thought Sophie would be interested in some coffee, but she politely refused (in her sleep).

This is an awful picture of Giddie, but he's licking his lips. I was cracking up - he kept saying how good the food was and he was so impressed and what a bargain. So funny!! He was encouraging everyone to get seconds and for Sittie to get a desert plate...so he could eat off of it without him having to leave the table - I know how his little brain works! He even wanted to wait around for a fresh batch of Cinnamon rolls after he already had one plus a desert plate.


Jo showing off her plate of 4 different deserts.

And here she is...Becky. I like to call her Beks. I asked her to take a picture with Sophie, and Becky said, "Oh, let grandma get ready." Huh?? Anyways, she was more than happy to snap a pic. Oh, we told her we were from New York so maybe she would think we were on vacation and not just crazy people that live 2 miles away taking pictures at lunch.


And here is the best picture I've seen in probably 20 years. Beks made me wait to take the picture until she had her hair perfectly thrown to the side and her hip popped just right. I don't know if I've ever seen Giddie so smiley!

3 comments:

Melodie said...

ok. don't know your family much - but that was funny!!

Unknown said...

haha, that is hilarious! giddie looks like he's in heaven....and i might add that my hair will look like that for the NKOTB concert, ha!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I got an interesting information in your blog. I am looking for good restaurant that offer buffet style I just found here the Golden Corral restaurant. Many people already trust the food services offered by the company. I keeping on search I have also found a review and more information about the company in this portal - Golden Corral