Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Miss Sophie!

I can't believe my baby turned ONE! And, I can't believe she was once this small! She's such a big girl now - walking around, playing kitchen, feeding herself, playing in her playhouse, going up and down small steps, playing fetch with Cruz, dancing, SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!
Yes, my baby was born chunky. It's pretty strange to see now. A couple of my closest friends had babies just recently and they were slender and petite - what you would imagine a newborn to look like. I looked at Sophie's fresh-out-of-the-oven pictures and she already had ROLLS!!! I guess that's what happens when you go to 41 weeks!
Morning celebration at Panera! She was walking around waving and talking to a group of older women - what a ham!

Waiting for everyone at the party.

Enjoying sugary goodness.

Prissing around for everyone to see.


Digging in to her cake.

and still working on it


Caleb and Sophie sitting in a tree....

Her first pair of Jordans...what??!! So not fair!
Thanks Uncle Sut!

Oh Aunt Skye, she loves her purse. Too much - it's a little scary!

A purse and a car...
What a wonderful celebration of Sophie's first year of life! We had so much fun and I really think she enjoyed herself as well! No tantrums or screaming or crying. It was a fabulous day with lots of people we love, and who love Sophie!



2 comments:

Melodie said...

happy birthday Sophie!

lizcannon said...

happy bday sophie!!!! you are lucky to have your awesome parents!!!